Head of Project Engineering - Onshore Wind France / France, EuropeClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||€80000 - €85000 per annum + voiture de fonction, 10-15% variable|
We are currently searching for an experienced wind project engineer to join our client, one of Europe's leading owners and operators, as Head of Project Engineering for France, to be based in Paris.
As Head of Project Engineering France, you will be accountable for engineering and technical aspects of onshore projects with strong focus on plant optimization, future technical advantage in the marketspace and implementation of LCOE methodologies. You will build integrated international teams fully responsible for region specific project engineering and package delivery (commercial & technical) from project start to COD incl. civil and electrical engineering, technical contracting for Balance of Plant as well as site suitability & resource assessment. Furthermore, you will be the key contact to development & construction organization in France for project linked engineering support for onshore projects. Your team is also accountable for grid connection design for Solar Projects working hand in glove with Solar Engineering.
* Leading a team of diverse engineering disciplines of civil, electrical, wind yield assessment, site suitability and technical contracting delivering design engineering for our development and construction portfolio in France considering optimization across the full project life cycle incl. e.g.:
o Early-Stage Grid Feasibility Studies and providing on-going technical management of the grid interface
o soil investigation in line with site assessment requirements provided by Technical Optimization (onshore) and Solar Engineering (Solar)
* Optimizing reference foundation designs provided by Technical Optimization based on local project conditions and deliver final foundation design for onshore wind projects
* Rendering BoP Civil Design based on local specifications, develop and maintain Technical Specification for Balance of Plant tenders based on local standards, lead technical evaluation of offers in tender phase, negotiate technical requirements for supply contracts and technical oversight of delivery by contractors
* Responsible for internal Wind Turbine Load Evaluation and lifetime estimations on a project-by-project basis, evaluating site suitability of turbines for individual projects applying standardized tools development by WTG Engineering team
* Carrying out layout optimization and energy yield calculation (incl. los, uncertainty and P-value calculation) using provided standard tools from "Offshore tools & methods team "considering wind conditions and acoustics aspects at the individual project site, contribute to Power Performance Tests and conducting seasonal production outlooks
* Conducting analyses to improve models/ methods (benchmarking, portfolio analysis, post-construction yield analysis)
* Working closely with development, construction, solar, technical optimization to make engineering delivery fit for purpose for a rapidly growing portfolio considering risk profile and portfolio effects.
* Ensuring the highest level of environmental, health and safety is incorporated in all design aspects of onshore wind projects in the region.
* University degree in electrical, civil, mechanical, industrial engineering or similar
* 5-10 years of relevant working experience in project engineering disciplines in Onshore Wind market
* Strong commercial acumen/understanding of complex technological and commercial correlations and ability to solve complex technical issues
* Strong HSE commitment
* Flexibility and willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis
* English and French is mandatory, additional language is an advantage
Your Leadership Skills:
* Team Leadership: Ability to lead, inspire, manage and delegate effectively
* People Development: Ability to develop themselves and their people to their full potential
* Performance Orientation: Self-motivated to drive the business, increase performance and deliver results
* Strategic thinking: Push the boundaries to grow the business
* Continuous Improvement: Constantly optimizing the business
* Integration Management: Ability to lead teams through change processes
* Working Together: Ability to collaborate globally in cross functional teams
* Communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate internally & externally
* Open mindset: Self-reflective personality, able to learn and act on feedback
* Hands-on mentality: Actively involving him-/herself, pragmatic and fact focused attitude