Country and Business Director - Solar PV - Budapest / Hungary, EuropeClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||€50000 - €70000 per annum|
Country and Business Director - Solar PV - Budapest
To be based in Budapest (Hungary) the client is seeking a "Country Director" with the scope to supervise our Hungarian solar projects, further develop the strategic plan for any new projects in line with local development, drive forward our strategy and manage our local team.
The client is a leading global solar project developer and operator. The Company focuses on solar power projects development, construction and project financing services.
The Company's strategy is to pursue high-margin project development opportunities in these markets, specifically in the US and Europe, where the Company has a market leading position in several geographies, including Poland, France, Hungary, Spain, Germany, UK. In the future, the Company will leverage its global presence and solid experience to further drive sustainable green energy development.
The main responsibilities of our future Country Director are:
- Develop strategic plan and budget needs for development in Hungary and one additional new market and continuously drive the completion of strategic milestones that will advance a project through the various stages of development
- Develop, advance, and manage existing or new downstream solar projects including offtake, permitting, interconnection, land, community relations, stakeholder management and all related budgets
- Lead development efforts for greenfield, co-development and project acquisitions within targeted markets/sectors
- Manage cross-functional teams including legal, financial, project management and asset management resources to analyze and close transactions aligned with department goals
- Prepare and negotiate agreements as JV-agreements, development agreements, shareholder agreements, etc.
- Identify and develop partner relations with project developers, financial institutions, investors, contractors, lawyers, consultants, authorities, grid operators, advisors, manufacturers, and other market participants to maintain a project pipeline
- Manage all aspects of project development and acquisition
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership on the state of the renewable energy markets and present investment opportunities
- Evaluate market drivers including new technologies, financial incentives, government/regulatory issues, and business structures to continually grow the portfolio and maintain a competitive position in the industry
- Represent the Company at solar fairs, events, and regulatory meetings
- MBA and/or MSc in electrical engineering or environmental engineering
- 5-10 years work experience in renewable energy sector as Project and/or Business Developer
- Proven Leadership experience, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- English proficiency, Hungarian is an advantage
Package: 50,000 to 70,000 euros per annum- Negotiable depending on experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Renewable developer who is rapidly expanding with in the Energy sector.