Transmission Engineer / Illinois, USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Do you have Transmission Line experience? Are you a natural born leader? You may be a good fit for a fast-growing engineering firm in search of a Transmission Supervising Engineer.
The position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Salary: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Performs engineering work with a focus on transmission line design including both civil and electrical practices. Requires knowledge of transmission systems from 34.5kV to 500kV with familiarity with basic principles related to line design and practices related to this specialization
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Generate cost effective design for high voltage electrical transmission lines
- Represent the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
- Attend meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
- Monitor team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
- Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently
- Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
- Project Engineer level individuals will ensure that projects meet quality and schedule objectives
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
- Other duties as requires
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other applicable engineering degree from an accredited university.
- 5 Years of experience in the transmission & distribution industry
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs in an EPC environment
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design