Principal Hydropower Engineer - Australia / Perth, Western AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Salary:||$175000.00 - $200000.00 per annum + (AUD not USD)|
Principal Hydropower Engineer - Feasibility and Prefeasibility (Water to Wire) - Australia
Exciting opportunity for "Principal Hydropower Engineer" ..... the client is looking for someone with good background in overall studies - (feasibility and Prefeasibility) and not in particular with one background but basically in all the departments ...."Water to Wire". You will work on medium to large hydropower development for worldwide projects.
The key responsibilities are:
- Providing comprehensive design coordination and management services, including the development of new hydropower infrastructure and refurbishment of existing assets.
- Proactively deliver on the company's stretch targets.
- Understand and progress the the inputs required for hydropower development.
- Develop technical specifications to meet project-specific objectives.
- Coordinate the technical and feasibility studies that satisfy technical specifications.
- Coordination with hydropower team and other disciplines (i.e.: hydrologist, geologists, civil/mechanical/electrical engineers, etc.).
- Interpret engineering drawings, documents, specifications and scopes.
- Technical management of consultants.
- Interface coordination with other parts of the overall project with an emphasis on boundaries, energy availability, electrical transmission, and systems interaction.
- Coordination with turbine and generator potential suppliers.
- Resolution of technical and design issues using internal and/or external resources.
- Liaising with a range of key stakeholders on all technical aspects of projects.
- Mentoring and supporting graduate engineers.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Technical skills, management skills and experience in hydropower development, design and delivery are prime requirements.
- Minimum 15-years experience in an engineering role with demonstrated experience in effective study and project execution, including 10-years experience in hydropower or water infrastructure related development.
- International project experience is desirable.
- Experience working with consultants and developers.
- Good understanding of other sources of renewable energy and their characteristics (i.e.: solar, wind, geothermal).
- Demonstratable experience in key aspects of hydropower or water infrastructure related development, design and delivery.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Good understanding of other source of renewable energy characteristics (i.e.: solar, wind, geothermal).
* Demonstratable experience in key aspects of hydropower development, design and delivery
* High level of passion for renewable energy
* Proven ability for credible and authentic engagement with strong interpersonal skills
* High levels of self-motivation with a demonstrated ability in resilience when managing diverse workloads and priorities and deliver quality and timely results
* Extremely well developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills
* 175,000 to 200,000 AUD (not USD) per annum (permanent employment)
* Relocation package available
Location: Perth, Australia
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Renewable developer who is rapidly expanding with in the Energy sector.