Contract: Senior Project Controller / CalgaryClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client, a large Oil & Gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Project Controller (Senior) for a long term 1 year contract, subject to start sometime June, and last until May 30, 2023, with potential for extension. This position is a rotational fly in and fly out role, with a hybrid schedule, of both field work and office work. The role is based out of Calgary head office and field work operations based out of Smithers BC. Camp accommodations will be provided while working at site and travel will be reimbursed
The schedule is yet to be determined, however typical schedules for this area include, two weeks up at site and two weeks office work or else 3 weeks in the field and 1 week in the office/1 week off. There might be flexibility on the schedule (within reason) and this can be discussed with the leader during time of interview.
- Responsible for overseeing and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics, which support the effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting.
- Reviews reports, analyses data and proposes recommendations in support of cost management governance.
- Provides input related to improvements and process developments.
- Considered a Specialist, works independently and demonstrates independent judgment in relation to accountabilities, including compilation and analysis of data. Develops risk mitigation and ongoing improvements and developments in projects.
- Identifies opportunities for cost improvements and internal benchmarking within and outside of areas of accountability.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to junior colleagues.
- Represents the department as a key contact, interacting with Project Managers, senior internal and client personnel on significant and complex project governance and controls matters.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience 8 years
- Willing to travel and work at site
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022