Global Head, EPC Management - Solar PV - Shanghai / China, Asia PacificClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||China, Asia Pacific|
|Salary:||$150000 - $200000 per annum|
Global Head, EPC Management - Solar PV - Shanghai
Are you ready for a new challenge?
The client is growing and needs new talent, you will be joining one of the world's leading companies in the solar industry with residential, commercial and utility customers in the Europe, Africa, Asia and the United Arab Emirates.
key area of specialism is using integrated advanced polycrystalline solar PV technologies to create reliable and cost-effective PV energy solutions. To protect its position at the forefront of solar, the company continues to invest in the development of new solar technologies to further increase yields and cost savings to benefit its extensive customer base. The company mission is to become the industry leader for clean energy solutions.
Scope of Responsibility
- Cultivate, grow and maintain relationship with EPC partners experienced in Latam, Europe and Middle East and local subcontractors.
- Provide lifecycle EPC management, starting from development engineering deliveries, EPC/O&M term sheet and contract negotiation and EPC/O&M contractor selection to suffice track record, capability and bankability requirement.
- Supervise EPC/O&M contract execution, anticipate potential issues and timely resolve the issues.
- Establish cross-functional project management programs to ensure smooth transition from development, construction to operation.
- Deliver technical/engineering, interconnection, offtake, site, design options, cost estimates and risk analysis/mitigation in support of project development and tenders.
- Responsible for preparation of commercial oriented RFP packages, ensuring project technical and commercial viability.
- Work with HQ procurement function to build and maintain relationship with key equipment suppliers, stay abreast of new product development and new technology and plan the production and technology introduction.
- Monitor key equipment cost changes and work with equipment suppliers to anticipate cost reduction probability and projections.
- Lead manage project construction contract management to ensure efficient/timely execution, minimization of order changes and delivery for each key milestone requirements, in compliance of project targets.
- Establish and maintain relationship with 3rd party engineering and insurance advisers (both owner's and lenders).
- Build and timely update database for EPC activities.
- Ensure project control measures in place and work closely with other functions to warrant timely and seamlessly execution and operation.
- Ensure health and safety standards are met.
- Provide inputs to corporate and project budgeting.
- Other work as directed by senior management.
- Bachelor degree and/above in any of the following - electrical, mechanical or civil engineering, or project management, with a minimum of 15 years' progressive working experience in energy industry.
- Extensive experiences in renewable energy. Experience in solar power generation is preferred, not must.
- A minimum of 5 years of current or prior experience leading EPC team with a major renewable energy developer, and engineering company, or a minimum of 5 years of experience leading commercial team at a EPC company.
- Results driven with proven track record in delivering renewable energy utilities scale projects both in home country and internationally.
- Target/results driven with strong track record of problem identifying and solving.
- Strong commercial sense and negotiation skills.
- Proven/strong leadership and management of multi-culture teams with strong communication skills.
- Adept at asset management.
- Big picture focused while willing and capable of "getting hands dirty".
Package: Negotiable depending on experience.