Contract: Site Operations Engineer / AlbertaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently seeking a Site Operators Engineer to join their Lloydminster Operations Process Engineering team. The term of this role is 6 months with a possibility of extension, with an ultimate progression into a full-time employee position for the right individual. This role will be 40 hours a week, however as there is travel required at least two days a week and due to the nature of the role, additional hours may be required as needed and directed by the workload and team needs.
The Site Operations Engineer will:
- Provide field level process engineering support to Operations and other stakeholders within Thermal and Conventional Heavy Oil.
- Apply engineering theory and problem-solving skills to resolve safety/environmental/integrity concerns, optimize facility performance, and scope/identify opportunities that reduce OPEX or add business value.
The roles and responsibilities of this Site Operations Engineer will be:
- Support and collaborate with Operations to:
o Verify process changes, validate process function, and perform equipment sizing / rating by creating and updating process simulations models and/or completing engineering calculations / analysis.
o Identify facility bottlenecks, process improvements, and OPEX reduction opportunities; scope and frame to resolve.
o Support safety, environmental, and integrity concerns; scope and frame to resolve.
o Complete or support work intake for process engineering investigations and process, management of change requests.
o Complete process release calculations to support process safety event incident investigations.
- Provide process engineering representation and support for Operational risk assessments, Project / MOC PHA, revalidation HAZOPs, and other related evaluations (eg. Alarm , Rationalization).
- Define, implement, monitor, and sustain facility Safe Operating Limits.
- Support integrated production planning by identifying and managing facility constraints.
- Support facility outages by quantifying outage production impacts, supporting operational risk assessments, completing process engineering calculations / modelling, and supporting found work resolution.
- Complete performance monitoring on facility process and equipment; collaborate to drive business performance and operational efficiency.
- Execute process engineering investigations and small MOCs (ex. set-points changes, chemical changes).
- Interface with Facilities Engineering to support process engineering requirements for front end scoping and execution of engineering investigations and MOCs (process engineering support for facility changes).
- Coordinate process trials (PTRs) (eg. chemical trials, process optimization).
- Interface with capital project teams as needed, support up front scoping and integration/consideration of operating conditions.
- Support the Enhanced Production Audit Program (annual measurement schematic review, engineering estimates, monthly or quarterly gas sample verification, audits).
- Complete data gathering / trending to support business needs.
- Complete and support engineering work in alignment with the Company professional practice management plan.
- Support the continuous improvement of business processes and documentation.
This Site Operations Engineer will possess:
- Solid understanding of upstream process and equipment.
- Solid understanding of engineering principles and strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with operations, maintenance, and other engineering teams to achieve goals.
- Able to manage and prioritize competing demands in a fast paced, operational front-line work environment.
- Able to listen effectively and understand different points of view.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
Qualification for this role will be:
- Must be registered with APEGA / APEGS as a P. Eng.
- Chemical, Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering degree
- 10+ years of industry experience ideally working with both Owner/Operators and within an EPC/EPCM organization
- Proficient with process simulation tools (HYSYS, Unisim)
- Previous experience in an operational, process engineering role is an asset
- Previous process engineering design experience is an asset
- Driver’s license is required
- H2S Alive/ confined spaces entry 1
- Gas Detection
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022