Commissioning Engineer - Onshore Wind Farm / Japan, Asia PacificClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Japan, Asia Pacific|
|Salary:||$45 - $60 per hour + + Accomodation + Flights|
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Employment Type: Contract/Freelance
As a commissioner your role will be to take a wind turbine generator (WTG) form a mechanical state into an early operational state including all associated tests and verifications of equipment condition for safe turbine operation. In summary you will turn a post inspected turbine, into a safe power generating and quality operational state. It should be ready to handover not only to Service but also to our customers. To achieve this, you must carry out all your activities with safety being your highest priority and considering the highest standards quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that all commissioning activities and tools comply with general HSE regulations and specific HSE regulations for construction sites.
- Responsible for the safety of himself, his partner and other stakeholders affected by their work.
- Responsible for accurate completion of all commissioning documentation and report the commissioning status to site management.
- Commission the turbine and its associated assemblies.
- Report quality, status and progress issues to the site management and Lead Commissioner.
- Rectify defects during the commissioning process.
- The windfarm control systems and site communications readiness.
- Support on Technical problems during the Project Management phase.
- Responsible for Condition Monitoring Commissioning and testing.
- Conduct Pre commissioning inspections to ensure turbine readiness.
- Issue of Q-Notes / non-conformity reports (NCR) during commissioning period.
- Order parts required for repair through site management.
- Report quality deviations for input into the uniform snag list.
- Fix minor quality issues (e.g. cabling problems) upon identification
- Forward commissioning report for the converter to the converter manufacture (for warranty reasons).
- Capture data and parameters prior to operational release and send to the Head of Commissioning.
- Carry out independent fault analysis and repair minor faults to the equipment, with feedback to the Site Manager.
- Coordinate with the Site Manager the activities related to the switch-on and switch-off operations of the WTG/WF.
Mandatory training requirements.
- Experience with SGRE DD Turbines
- Qualified to Engineering Level (HND / HNC) or Degree or equivalent.
- Completed Commissioning training (off and on the job).
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Fluent in English
- Health and Safety (LOTO / WTRS)
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office, Excel Word, Project, Power point.
- Previous experience as a Commissioner
- Experience in Technical report writing
- Experience in electrical / mechanical installation , voltage testing, quality management
- Experience in programmable control systems
- Experience with torqueing, bolt stretching and lifting equipment