Site Manager - Finland - Wind / Finland, EuropeClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||€65 - €70 per hour|
The Wind Site Manager's job purpose is to manage as first person on Wind Farm all site-related activities along the wind project execution phase from Wind Farm establishment to handover of the Wind Farm to the customer and Service as well as to ensure that all activities on Wind Farm are done within the Wind project schedule and according to Wind HSE standards.
The Wind Site Manager has during his whole Wind project management related assignment the full responsibility and authority for all aspects in order to secure a safe and successful realisation of the Wind Farm installation of Wind Turbines in terms of cost, quality and time.
Site Manager Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare Wind Farm for finalisation of installation phase
- Organising pending materials with suppliers
- Coordinate task with Wind Farm subcontractor companies + additional manpower if required
- Organisation of the Wind Farm subcontractors according to Wind Farm erection strategy
- Close cooperation with the Wind Project Manager in execution of the Wind Farm
- Make decisions regarding Wind Farm activities and priorities on a daily basis
- First contact for all parties being active on Wind Farm such as subcontractors, suppliers and any other personnel on Wind Farm by building up a strong relationship with the aforementioned parties
- Define time schedules for the management of the Wind Farm and monitor and safeguard required level of quality throughout erection, finishing and commissioning works
- Coordinate work tasks for individual parties on Wind Farm
- Oversee and control civil, mechanical and electrical Wind Farm works in anticipation with Wind turbine delivery and in accordance with given time frame
- Lead the arrival at Wind Farm, erection and commissioning of the Wind turbines in order to assure the hand over to the customer on-time and in good quality
- Cooperate closely and communicate periodically with the correspondent Logistic Manager and/or the logistic company involved in the delivery of goods.
- Monitor the delivery of goods on a daily basis
- The Wind Site Manager should organise the Toolbox Talk on a daily basis to keep all leaders coordinated, updated and informed about daily tasks and HSE issues, as well as monitor the related documentation.
- In case the Wind Site Manager is not present on Wind Farm at the moment of the Commissioning, he should still be directly reported and informed.
- Support to deliver all required documentation
- Manage and schedule the organisation and replacement of resources, tools and material as well as manage Wind Farm logistics and return cargo
- De-mobilization of the Wind Farm
- If applicable, facilitate a smooth handover internally, from Wind Site Manager to Wind Project Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Site Manager in operative project execution and construction site management for complex technical projects either in civil construction, manufacturing and plant engineering industry, the wind energy sector and/or similar industries/energy sectors.
- Bachelor in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent; Master's degree (preferable) in an industry related program.
- Fluent English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical qualification
- basic knowledge and appreciation of the technical aspects driving the wind industry,
- adaptive to new changes and challenges, and to learn quickly
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to deal with several issues concurrently and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Leadership skills, ability to build a proactive, focused team, integrating members drawn from various support departments, such as erection supervisors and commissioning engineers, and local service engineers.
- Ability to work with different business cultures
- Proficient computer skills utilising MS office basic programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- HSE awareness
- Pro-active attitude
- Good communication skills in English language (spoken and written)
- The following certificates and trainings are required prior to start of work on a construction site:
GWO Training Standard has to be obtained including:
- Valid first aid certification
- Fire awareness training
- Manual handling training
- Rescue at heights training