Contract: Wellsite Engineer - Drilling / The WoodlandsClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||Depends on Experience|
Position Overview and Responsibilities
- Optimize well operations, especially offline concurrent operations. Create work instructions for these as required.
- Capture and enter lessons learned and non-conformances and the After-Action Review documentation.
- Section by section updates of the technical information and operational summary updates needed for Final Well Reports.
- Perform Drilling Engineering analysis including torque and drag, hydraulics, hole cleaning, anti-collision management, well control and casing design at the wellsite.
- Active daily cost certification with SAP team.
- Assist with delegate duties from office based Drilling Engineers.
- Participate in and document operations risk assessments.
- Maintain drilling documentation and data.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology.
Required Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- 2 years of experience in wellsite engineering
- Proficient in Drilling Engineering principles and drilling software applications will be an asset.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Must be a team player.
- High quality standards and a sense of urgency is required.
- Current, valid certification in well control.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and business skills.
- Good data management and computer literacy. Openwells experience required.
- Experience in Marcellus Shale or Haynesville and / or Eagle Ford Shale preferred.
Key Competencies/Preferred Qualifications
- Ensure that operational procedures and programs are followed as planned and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure changes to programs are risk assessed and risks mitigated and communicated to the workforce.
- Ensure accurate and adequate reports and records are kept regarding operations, equipment, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure potential pollution control problems are considered, and the contingency plans are understood by involved personnel.
- Ensure timely and accurate cost follow-up.
- Capture operational lessons learned for continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learnings effectively
- Interact harmoniously & professionally with all others in the organization including counterparts/advisors
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate resolution to sometimes complex issues
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload while managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022