IT Project Manager / Senior Project Manager / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of IT Project Manager / Senior Project Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Manages IT projects from inception through to completion in accordance with company's project management methodology using standard project management tools.
* Takes personal responsibility for delivering the requested initiatives to the best of their ability and to a high standard.
* Creates project plans using company's standard methodologies.
* Tracks and monitors financial spend on managed projects, escalating variance to budget.
* Actively monitors day to day project activities to ensure that progress is aligned with the plan and services are delivered to a high standard.
* Monitor resource utilisation and proactively identify and resolve any issues.
* Coordinates and organises project meetings with team members, 3rd parties and steering committees as required.
* Provide leadership and guidance to the project team.
* Reports project status to key stakeholders and interested parties.
* Engages with the appropriate operational support teams at an early stage and ensures that requirements are fulfilled for successful transition to support.
* Takes ownership of change requests throughout the life of the project.
* Participates pre-project management including business case creation, business analysis and options appraisal.
* Proactively identifies corrections for project plan documentation and ensures project issues are resolved in a timely and quality manner.
* Recommends and takes proactive action to manage project risks by developing effective recommendations.
* Ensures that projects deliver the envisaged business benefits.
* Ensures project details, status updates and documentation are current and stored appropriately.
* Manage 3rd party vendor and supplier relationships.
* Complies with the information security policy.
* Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required by the organisation.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree educated
* PRINCE2 to Practitioner level or PMP accredited
* ITIL Foundation
* Presentation and communication skills
* Cost & Time Management
* Risk/Issues Management
* Scope Management
* Delegation Skills
* Motivational Skills
* Quality Management
* Experience of project or individual work stream management within IT Operations, Infrastructure or Applications fields
* Experience of constructing project plans and executing deliverables
* Able to break complicated concepts down into deliverable components to create an overall plan
* Organisational awareness of impact of change activities
* Knowledge of latest IT trends, innovations and developments
* Familiarity with, and demonstrated understanding of, the enterprises business and/or technical architectures
* Experience of change management
* Experience of varied delivery methods; Waterfall, Agile, etc
* Team Building
* Report Writing
* Procurement Skills
* Business Analysis Skills
* Able to influence others to ensure delivery of intended outcomes
* Customer and outcome focused
* Self-starter with strong sense of task ownership
* Enthusiastic, energetic and pro-active
* Able to work unsupervised and prioritise own workload
* Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results
* Process oriented with good consulting and process skills
* Analytical skills, ability to solve complex problems, evaluate alternatives and make sound recommendations
* High level of commercial awareness and numerical ability
* Auditing and monitoring skills