Construction Senior Advisor / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Construction Senior Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that the V Net Zero onshore pipeline construction plans are robust and deliverable.
* Influence the development of commitments in the V Net Zero onshore pipeline Development Consent Order to ensure pipeline constructability is considered and remains robustly deliverable.
* Support the project team in onshore preparation for execution of construction activities.
* Subject matter expert in onshore pipeline design and construction.
* Coordinate construction activities with Completions and Handover systems and processes to drive safety, consistency, and efficiency
* Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's procedures.
* Monitor contractors' construction activities to ensure Legislative, Company HSEQ and contractual requirements are met.
* Audit implementation of construction, completion and handover procedures.
* Accountable for managing all construction related lessons learned & HSE corrective actions.
* Ensure the requirements for constructability of the onshore pipeline remain aligned to the Development Consent Order commitments, working together with the Project Team develop the landowner engagement plan to set out how construction activities and related communications will be managed with stakeholders.
* Responsible to define criteria for all onshore pipeline constructability elements, including but not limited to traffic management plans, onshore laydown and construction parks, and site access and security provisions.
* Responsible to define the project construction objectives and working together with the Project Team define the safety and quality management requirements relating to pipeline construction, including welding and inspection, and hydro-testing programme.
* Working together with the Project Team input to appropriate tender criteria and complete technical evaluations as required.
* Responsible to maintain the onshore pipeline construction delivery plan and identify changes or arising risks to the associated cost estimate.
* Responsible to ensure contract deliverables, documents and specifications are produced to suit the project requirements and meet the project schedule, ensuring that construction activities are in line with HSEQ procedures and industry best practice.
* Responsible point of contact for all construction related activities and co-ordination with multi-discipline project engineering team.
* Responsible to perform technical assurance for construction to ensure procedural compliance and ensure contractor safety plan is delivered to project specific requirements.
* Responsible to support the development of seamless transition to Commissioning teams and to develop construction management systems, processes and procedures to enable the effective transition to operations.
* Mobilise to site throughout project, including a presence during key parts of the construction process, with potential for extended periods in the Humber and Lincolnshire areas during this time.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Prior experience of UK, or European, onshore pipeline construction.
* Prior experience of liaising with landowners and other critical stakeholders during construction of onshore pipelines or other linear construction projects.
* Significant experience in construction delivery role, including onshore pipeline installation.
* Good knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards, previous or current certification advantageous.
* Significant knowledge of all project phases and experience with project sanction processes.
* Significant experience working directly with construction personnel and procedures, including initiation, management, and handover of onshore works.
* Experience of working within multi-disciplined teams and interfacing with Contractor and Projects organisation through construction, commissioning and start-up
* Demonstrated strong technical competence, particularly in relation to onshore pipeline design, planning and execution phases
* Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
* Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Awareness of company's Policies
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles