Head of Operations Department / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Head of Operations Department, based in Algeria.
French or Arabaic language skills are essential.
* Compliance to HSE rules and safe execution of all operations is of paramount importance
* Lead the team and ensure coordination with JV partner
* Safely Achieve production objectives while respecting safety rules and operating procedures, operating withing process envelope and ensuring the strict application of charters, rules and safety and environmental instructions.
* Support and manage competency and performance evaluation of the team, ensure learning process and operation discipline
* Work closely with the Maintenance team to achieve efficient planning and efficient and safe execution of PM's and CM's
* Work closely with the Wells team to achieve a safe and efficient operation of the wells Be a model operator
* Develop and sustain a high safety culture, promote safe operations, encourage and recognise good behaviours and coach staff when and where required
* Ensure process safety and plant integrity. Be in charge of CPF Area
* Supervise the entire process of validation, opening and closing of work permits and associated permits.
* Identify risks and propose mitigations, manage ORA compliance.
* Follow-up on incidents, foster good investigation and challenge root cause identification
* Be part of the teams involved in the management of emergency situations.
* Promote and Participate in Hazid, Hazop, RCA - ensure that actions are closed.
* Ensure the procedures, PID's and operating manuals are up to date, and propose updates when required.
* Ensure that operating instructions are kept and passed between workstations and reliefs (Handovers).
* Manage direct interfaces with Sonatrach colleagues and Key Contractors in order to establish & maintain good relationships, to promote a one team culture and to maximize the use of the corporate strengths of organisation
* Maximise production uptime and reliability by ensuring that KPIs are properly defined, assessed, and followed-up.
* Liaise with other departments within GTG: HSE, Maintenance, Technical, wells, procurement and General services
* Ensure the optimization of the operating parameters of the installations, the analysis and reporting of the problems
* Monitor compliance and optimize the product specifications, environmental discharge and consumption of chemicals.
* Make equipment available for carrying out maintenance, inspection or modification programs.
* Participate in the preparation of three-year and ten-year inspection programs.
* Deliver Production reporting, forecasting and optimization, Plant condition reporting
* Ensure that anomalies and underperformance are addressed with effective recovery plans
Experience & Qualifications:
* University Degree (Bac+5) - Relevant discipline, Operations Engineer / Process Engineering
* A significant breadth of similar experience gained within the Oil and Gas sector, typically as OIM offshore or Onshore
* Significant experience in production operations management including onshore operation and gas production operations: experience in gas treatment, especially decarbonation, mercury removal, dehydration and cold process will be valued.
* Experience working in a JV environment is strongly preferred
* Proven contribution to safety and delivery. Deep understanding and commitment to process safety and personal safety
* Performance management experience, Control system experience and Start Up/Shutdown/Turnaround experience
* Excellent communication skills, applied in written, spoken or electronic media in multicultural, multilanguage environment
* Strong leadership skills to command, organize work and manage a workforce made up of national and foreign personnel (partners and / or subcontractors), and accomplished at internal and external stakeholder management
Fluency in French or Arabic is required almost a must, Fluency in English is required
* Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in.
* Demonstrate HSE Leadership and contribute to GTG Safety performance and Culture
* Makes tough, well-timed, and informed decisions and able to communicate and make the case for those.
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
* Works effectively in a JV structure: able to prioritize and discuss with counterparts having different objectives and point of view and reach an aligned target to work as a team
* Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
Encourages and fosters teamwork with a goal
* Shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
* Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
* Brings competence and drive to the table
* Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
* Strong problem-solving capability
* Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
* Proven track record in operations and involvement in start-ups and operation readiness
* Proven experience in dealing with multicultural and large organisations, ability to manage skill gaps
* Proven experience in managing teams of 50 to 100 persons
* Control of Major Emergencies and IM capable
* Professional understanding process safety and procedures (Risk assessments, ORAs, overrides, Leaks and Seeps, Alarm rates, operating envelope), of Lab procedures and expectations, and of fiscal Production reporting.
* Understanding of Wells and Well service, maintenance management, integrity management, minor brownfield engineering and construction in order to execute diligently Operation director DoA when needed.
* Able to understand hazards and stop work if required, conducts management Safety walks as required
* Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do. Head of Operation should be a role model and support compliance with the GTG Life Saving Rules.
* Personal commitment to ethical operations and respect to all individuals across all organisations is a must.
* Take responsibility of actions and results, personally commit to the success of the company.
* Acknowledge that only together can we grow, only in partnership can we succeed - and foster this behaviour within the team and colleagues