Head of Technical Department / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Head of Technical Department, based in Scotland. Will consider candidates from Europe.
* Ensure respect of plant procedures and plant integrity.
* Ensure delivery of value-added engineering modifications within the MOC process.
* Ensure soundness of engineering completed.
* Ensure that construction methods are suitable to the plant and are appropriately planned ahead to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness.
* Ensure efficient (prioritized and complete) integrity management system which complies with applicable regulations.
* Promote technical capability inhouse as well as availability of external contractors when needed.
* Ensure process safety and plant integrity - Ensure Hazid, Hazop, and safety engineering are organised and supported.
* Guarantee consistency and technical soundness of root cause analyses.
* Provide operational assurance and support competency of the wider GTG team.
* Liaise with company's Technical Authorities to align practices and obtain support and assurance.
* Liaise with other departments in particular other Operations functions, HSE, procurement and finance.
* Manage direct interfaces with Sonatrach colleagues in order to establish & maintain good relationships, to promote a one team culture and to maximise the use of the corporate strengths of both partners.
* Ensure that KPIs are properly defined, assessed, and followed-up.
* Propose, own and execute technical department budget. Engineering, Inspection OPEX and Modification CAPEX Budget ($5-15m purchases/contracts + $5m staff).
* Support and manage competency and performance evaluation of the team.
* Support recruitment of company's secondees and contribute to the proper resourcing of surface operations (personnel, logistics, services, organization, etc).
* GTG team members from either partner, including CPF, Wells and Maintenance department heads
* Operation Director, HSE Manager from either partner, GTG GM and Deputy GM
* company's MD, Algiers technical support,and company's Technical Authorities
Experience & Qualifications:
* University Degree (Bac+5) in production of hydrocarbons.
* A significant breadth of onsite brownfield maintenance experience gained within the Oil and Gas sector at senior level.
* Demonstrated competence as an Engineering Technical Authority and Execution Manager.
* Experience of commissioning and/or performance improvement modification.
* Experience of work in multicultural environment
* Experience of work in remote location with limited supply/contractor availability
* Experience working in a JV environment preferred, ability to deal with multicultural organization and manage skill gaps.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a large team.
* Proven contribution to safety and delivery.
* Understanding and commitment to process safety and MOC.
* Communication skills applied in written, spoken or electronic media, and ability to manage and influence stakeholders
Fluency in English required. Ability to work in French or Arabic is preferred.
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
* Takes ownership and accountability, makes well-timed and informed decisions
* Works collaboratively, able to engage colleagues of different department and build incentive to set and deliver an objective, shares knowledge freely
* Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations, sense of initiative
* Strong problem solving capability, Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
* Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
* Ability to analyse value of proposed modifications.
* Proven track record in operations and involvement in startups/business setting
* Rigorous and safe technical culture and creativity are a plus
* Demonstrate HSE Leadership and contribute to GTG Safety performance and Culture
* Understands maintenance implication on process safety and able to drive and promote strong personal safety behaviours in execution and strict adherence to key policies (PtW, MOC, Isolation in particular)
* Be a role model and support compliance with the GTG Life Saving Rules. Conducts Management Safety Walks as required.
* Deep understanding of safety risks and knowledge of safe technical working ways on a live plant (i.e. hot tap, pressurized habitats, safe rope access) are desired to improve, guarantee and maximise safety of operations undertaken