Associate Scientist I / North Chicago
Associate Scientist I
North Chicago, IL
1 year contract with potential to extend
Hourly Rate - $22-25/hr
* Support evaluation of new and existing PET radioligands using in vitro radiopharmacology techniques including, but not limited to, autoradiography and filter binding assays.
* Maintain mammalian cell cultures using sterile techniques.
* Immunofluorescence microscopy of brain sections
* Effectively use scientific literature to aid in the understanding of target biology as it relates to design and conduct of radiopharmacology assays.
* Ensure a clean and safe laboratory environment through diligent handling and/or use-tracking of hazardous and radioactive materials.
* Record and analyze experimental data with full accountability and transparency to enable reliable decision making.
* Communicate key results to team members and project stakeholders.
* BS in neuroscience, pharmacology, biochemistry, cell/molecular biology or a related field with typically 2 years of experience, or Master's Degree or equivalent education with typically 0 years of experience
* Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
* Mammalian cell culture experience required
* Willingness and ability to work with low levels of radioactivity (e.g. 3H, 18F, 89Zr) required
Though it is the major element of the job (and thus, the first bullet point in our job description), Radiopharmacology Assay experience is not very common and a "nice-to-have" skill that we will be able to train an otherwise suitable candidate to perform.