Subsea Wells Engineer / HoustonClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The principal role of the subsea wells team is to plan and execute the running of subsea production trees, tubing head spools, BOP adapters, associated tools, controls and ROV operations having to do with the wellhead interface, take delivery of manufactured equipment, prepare operational procedures, and provide offshore supervision and support. The subsea team also has an important supporting role in completion and intervention operations, during the preparation, running and operation of tubing hanger, subsea test tree, completion and work over riser.
The Subsea Wells Engineer will provide onshore preparation and continued support for offshore and installation activities. This is a Wells team role and a close working relationship is expected within the subsea team between the project engineers, completion/intervention/drilling engineers (wells engineers) and Well Site Leaders.
Legal authorization to work in country of position on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience as a Subsea Engineer with subsea equipment design, manufacturing and operations background.
- An ability to work with experienced and motivated subsea Wells Operation teams.
- Experience with offshore installation of subsea equipment (jumpers, trees and equivalent) from MODU's and construction vessels
- A working knowledge of D&C workover riser operations, design requirements and long term maintenance and inspection requirements.
- Experience with Dynamically Positioned Vessel (DPV) operations and design implications for subsea equipment.
- A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Experience with MODU operations to include capital drilling equipment interfaces and operation