Senior Facility Development Engineer / Aberdeen
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Facility Development Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide facility development engineering and management support for early-phase developments and modifications. Act as Execution Responsible for developments as required to coordinate and align multifunctional requirements.
* Key areas to interface with and support include Operated Assets, Commercial & Business Development (3rd Party), Subsurface & Resource Maturation, and Non-Operated Ventures
* The position may include being an integrated member of several, parallel working teams and/ or may include being embedded within other functional groups
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures.
* Ensure that process safety aspects are properly evaluated in all aspects of facilities development work undertaken.
* Participate in design verifications, LOPA, HAZID and HAZOP meetings.
* Ensures activities follow Project Management Standard, Engineering Management Standards & VOSG Venture Ownership and Stage Gate Standard.
* Generate and manage the venture concept selection scope of work, with input from internal functions.
* Act as project focal point (Execution Responsible) throughout initial development phases, with responsibility to generate project assurance deliverables appropriate to scale and complexity, ranging from modifications to major projects. Including alignment and coordination of multifunctional requirements.
* Manage study contractors/ consultancies to efficiently deliver agreed scope.
* Deliver efficient handover of development opportunities to project/execution teams at an appropriate stage (typically around AFF/SG4).
* Develop early phase scope-specific strategies and project governance documentation, including preliminary Project Execution Plans, Concept Selection Studies, Work Programmes, SORs, BODs, and functional specifications
* Develop required assurance and governance documentation ahead of Phase Gate/MOC/FEL reviews and ensure effective close out of any actions raised
* Work with discipline specialists to generate cost-estimates, schedules, and economics to support venture planning and business case assessment.
* Prepare budget/AFE requests and decision support packages for approval as required and maintain adequate performance reporting to Venture Managers
* Manage contractors to maintain performance against approved budgets and AFEs.
* Ensure early phase data is properly retained, with appropriate benchmarking and lessons learned, even where opportunities are not progressed
* Develop and implement contracting and procurement strategies in coordination with supply chain
* Evaluate and recommend suitable technical solutions, giving appropriate consideration of diverse alternatives and ratifying contractors' evaluation of technology. Ensure that industry best practices and appropriate advanced technologies are applied in early project framing.
* Initiate and respond in a timely manner to technical queries, MOCs and deviations from Contractors, Partners and Operations to maintain technical design integrity.
* Participate in inter-discipline technical meetings, technical audits, assurance reviews and project risk management meetings/processes.
* Support other disciplines to ensure inter-discipline design coherence and ensure proper technical interface management is maintained throughout the project cycle.
* Provide specialist support to other engineering/asset and business development work as required (e.g. data room support, area planning, etc).
* Support continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders to promote standardisation and enhance knowledge sharing/ retention.
* Work closely with functional Facilities Development team to ensure consistent application of processes, systems, and procedures. Identify and source functional assistance as required to support development engineering activities.
* Act as role model for colleagues, coaching less experienced team members and promoting good communication and a positive work environment
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Experience & Qualifications:
* Chartered Engineer with masters or equivalent degree in required Engineering Discipline essential, process discipline preferred.
* Additional education preferred in project management, economics/ decision analysis, project cost-estimating/ planning/ risk evaluation
* Significant experience across a range of facilities engineering and operations disciplines, preferably in a range of developments, including brownfield/greenfield projects, subsea, and drilling.
* Previous experience in direct operations, facilities support, and project execution roles preferred.
* Well-developed awareness of broader business discipline requirements and contribution - e.g., subsurface/ drilling, commercial, economics/ financial and project services
* Demonstrated experience with project development processes, stage gates, associated regulatory requirements (NSTA, BEIS, OPRED, HSE), cost-estimating requirements and methods.
* Experience across a range of projects through all development phases (Pre-FEED, FEED, Execute, Operations)
* Demonstrable familiarity with project management concepts, particularly with cost-estimating and project development planning.
* Demonstrated commercial acumen, with understanding of decision and risk analysis methodologies and project measures of merit.
* Experience of managing contractor/ consultancy studies
* Strong interpersonal characteristics and ability to initiate and build relationships to integrate the work of others across diverse functional groups.
* Ability to represent company with JV partners, 3rd party operators, and regulatory bodies
* Awareness of company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles