Exploration Geoscientist / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
**CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK / NORTH SEA EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL**
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Exploration Geoscientist, based in Aberdeen.
* Hands-on interpretation works on exploration projects at the regional, local and prospect scales.
* Integration of 2d and 3d seismic data with well and other regional geotechnical data sources including charge systems, reservoir and seal analysis etc.
* Assistance with geophysical data acquisition and processing projects.
* Use of a petroleum system-based approach to evaluate countries, regions, plays, and prospects describing risks and uncertainties.
* Develop robust technical arguments and clearly present to stakeholders including management, partner companies and government representatives.
* Prospect evaluation including risk analysis and reserves estimations (deterministic and probabilistic).
* Review areas and replications for licensing rounds.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in geology/geophysics or similar discipline.
* Possesses solid oil and gas experience ideally gained in an operating environment
* A strong understanding of geological concepts, to include structural, facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis
* Competent in 2d/3d seismic interpretation techniques and software including Petrel
* Competent in basic map generation and depth conversion techniques.
* Knowledgeable of quantitative interpretation techniques
* Sound understanding of petrophysical data and methods
* Good understanding of key geophysical (including interpretation) uncertainties and quantification of these Competent in deterministic and probabilistic volumetric calculations
* Broad experience gained in a variety of depositional settings and basins; North Sea basins experience essential
* Knowledge of discovery appraisal and pre-project planning
* Peer Assist and Review experience
* Confident at working with internal and external stakeholders
* A strong team player with good communication skills
* Independent and able to work with minimum supervision
* Problem solver willing to consider new solutions and to lead discussion on
adoption of non-traditional solutions.
* Desire to learn, develop capabilities and take on greater responsibilities. Have a "Can do" attitude.