HSE Superintendent / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of HSE Superintendent, North Sea based, mobilising this week for a 3 week trip.
* To provide advice and assistance to Line Managers and Supervisors on all aspects of SHE concerning the platform to ensure that relevant Health and Safety Legislation, Company Health and Safety Standards and Industry Practices are complied with.
* Advise on the monitoring of all work activities on the sites, advise task supervisors on necessary risk control measures and create and update Safe Operating Procedures as required.
* To support Line Management in the investigation, recording, and reporting of all incidents to identify causes and provide recommendations to prevent recurrence.
* Maintain a Safety Analysis databases and produce reports.
* Review emergency preparedness and ensure that all Emergency Response Team roles are filled by appropriately trained, competent and experienced personnel.
* Provide scenarios for weekly emergency drills. Act as On-Scene Coordinator for all emergencies leading fire and rescue teams and maintain radio contact with the Installation Emergency Response Centre. (Note: SWS on PUQ in located in MCR and not On-Scene).
* To attend all safety meetings and provide safety presentations to all platform personnel.
* To assist Line Management to conduct regular audits of permit to work and be responsible for coordination of corrective actions.
* Regularly review and update safety manuals, procedures and documentation.
* Maintain company COSHH assessment on site and provide advice on all matters relating to the use of hazardous substances.
* Promote a positive health, safety and environmental culture at all levels of production activities including those of contractors by developing and assisting Line Managers and Supervisors in the implementation of safety awareness programmes.
* Report the effectiveness of such programmes by conducting monitoring and auditing.
* Provide training on Standby Man duties for Vessel Entry, Fire watch, Over side working.
* Train identified personnel in platform behavioural monitoring system Site Safety Visits.
* Train fire and rescue teams to all foreseeable emergencies to optimise their preparedness.
* Run regular exercises with Standby Vessel.
* Review and advise site management on relevance of all safety training.
* Monitor the standard of welfare facilities and hygiene to ensure they are suitable, sufficient and in accordance with best practise, advise management accordingly.
* Ensure incident investigations are completed rapidly with appropriate RCAs completed to requisite standard; ensure corrective actions correctly defined.
* Participate in accident investigation/RCA processes within the Asset.
* Focal point for SHEQ&I plan. Ensure timely updates and follow-up of actions.
* Arrange and coordinate quarterly SHEQ&I meetings at site. Participate and provide input to monthly Operations / SHEQ&I meetings.
* Assist in identifying key SHE themes for annual SHE plans and follow up actions
* Attend weekly offshore stream (incidents) meeting
* Manage Stre@m SHE case to ensure risk ranking prioritisation is consistent and actions are followed as per priorities
* Ensure parties complete and close out Stre@m SHE event actions by due date
* Maintain 4Site/Deal actions database and follow up actions
Experience & Qualifications:
* Extensive experience in a similar role
* A professional safety qualification is required eg, British Safety Council Diploma in Safety Management, ROSPA Safety Inspector or NEBOSH Diploma in Safety Management. Leadership supervisory and training skills are essential.
* Working knowledge of safety legislation relevant to North Sea Installations, of safe working practices, firefighting systems and techniques, and emergency response management.
* Good understanding of environmental requirements relevant to the site.
* Good understanding of offshore production and maintenance operations, drilling operations, diving, helicopter and supply vessel operations, and the handling of explosives and hazardous chemicals.
* Expert knowledge of legislation and systems for dealing with radioactive substances including LSA scale, radiography sources and down hole logging tool sources.
* Competent in the techniques of safety auditing, accident investigation and reporting.
* Computer literate in order to update statistical databases, create presentations and essential documents, process and forward digital photographs.
* In date offshore certificates