Senior Petroleum Engineer / England
Petroleum Engineer JD
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Petroleum Engineer to join the client, one of the world's largest energy companies on a contract basis in Aberdeen, UK. This role is a 6-month contract offered on a PAYE basis.
This is an onshore office-based role although the client offers hybrid working (3 days in office / 2 days remote).
UK CANDIDATES ONLY
Glen Lyon is a Deepwater production and storage vessel in the Atlantic Ocean West of the Shetland Islands. It is located in a harsh weather environment, 400+m water depth and is an environmentally sensitive area. There are over 70 available wells (producer and water injectors) with multiple flowlines, risers and a complex topsides processing facilities. It is a digitally advanced asset with huge amounts of data that need managing, and complex control logic.
The ACE (Advanced Collaborative Environment) / Operations Petroleum Engineer (PE) in the Deepwater Production Management Squad is responsible for coordinating day to day production optimisation opportunities - well line up, gas lift, water handling, and injection. The candidate will be responsible for managing production and injection deferrals, including deferral and excursion investigations. The ACE PE is the link between onshore operations, offshore, wells and subsurface and will work directly with the offshore production team and the Depletion Management Squad.
They will have a lead role in reservoir management and setting the monthly reservoir management plan. The ACE PE is responsible for well test analysis and production/injection allocation. The candidate will be responsible for setting the fortnightly production, injection, surveillance and emissions target and will present this to Regional and offshore leadership. They will also create the monthly shipping lookahead. The ACE PE is involved in planning interventions and new wells and plays a lead role in new well start-ups, coordinating activity from offshore. Sand management is key to asset health and the ACE PE is the focal point of this - coordinating the monthly sand management reviews. The field has multiple partners with different equity fields; it is a complex waterflooded field; and good reservoir management is required to maximise offtake.
The ACE PE will work for the Production Management Squad Lead but take guidance and advise from the Senior PE. The ACE PE's deliverables are
* Support BP's strategy of Resilient hydrocarbons through the production of the North Sea high margin barrels, focusing on production value and cost management.
* Deliver the carbon reduction plan, through management of fuel gas usage and flaring to lower emissions.
* Responsible for delivering the quarterly production forecasts
o integrating the well declines, activity set and new wells
o then performance managing production on the asset to deliver on these forecasts.
* Maximize the field total production, making the most of the available flow lines, surface facilities and well stock, and identifying opportunities to optimise its usage. This involves working with the Production Management Unit and Production Support Systems squad.
* New well start-up and intervention planning
* Understand daily well performance. Issue short-term production forecasts and document production shortfalls in BP's production management system. Ensure accurate production and injection allocation.
* Responsible for sand management - understanding sand risk of wells, coordinating the monthly sand management meeting, working with the production chemist and lab tech on sand sampling priorities.
* Provide clear communication and operational instructions to the offshore team for site execution.
Required Qualifications & Experience
* Qualifications Degree in relevant engineering or science discipline
* Expert in well performance management
* Working knowledge and field experience of Well Flood / water management
* Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise and interface with multiple teams both on and offshore
* 7-10 years of petroleum engineering experience ideally in North Sea operational environment
* Knowledge of Operator systems and procedures
UK CANDIDATES ONLY