Civil Project Engineer / ManchesterClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We are currently recruiting for a Civil Project Engineer on a permanent basis for an award-winning energy technology company.
Location: Manchester - with occasional visits to the London office as required
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
The role is responsible for delivering a specific area of the project, reporting to the project manager, and working as part of a geographically spread and diverse team. This role will also interact with multiple contractors, requiring a great degree of self and time management.
* Manage key interfaces between various project parties and ensure effective and consistent communication takes place between suppliers and that required input is provided in a timely manner
* Participate in (and provide assurance) safety audits, design reviews, subcontractor's performance assessments, site readiness reviews, safety risk assessments etc.
* Manage any change of scope, address design, contractor scope, cost and schedule issues early and in a fully documented way
* Identify and manage related risks to the scope of work.
* Maintain an open dialogue with the Operations team.
Key skills and Qualifications:
* Educated to Degree standard or has equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience working within a project environment
* Proven track record of delivering on projects from inception to financial close and completion / operational stage
* Presentation skills, ability to create and deliver high quality proposals and speak with credibility to project team, Senior management and contractors on technical subjects
* Excellent IT skills, preferably in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Project controls package experience desirable (P6, MS Project, cost control)