Senior Riser Engineer / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Riser Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* General management duties including reporting to senior staff.
* Technical supervision of junior engineering staff
* Preparation of Proposals / quotations
* QA checking of calculations / reports
* Modelling of steel and flexible pipe riser systems
* Modelling of conductor, top tensioned & drilling riser systems
* Preparation of Technical reports and presentations
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant experience of riser system engineering.
* General management skills including ability to handle day to day correspondence with Client
* Ability to mentor junior engineering staff as part of on-the job training.
* Experience with general purpose analytic packages such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, OrcaFlex or Flexcom
* Experience with system layout / detailed design drawings
* Extensive experience of steel and flexible pipe riser systems
* Extensive experience with conductor, top tensioned & drilling riser systems
* Extensive knowledge of API and DNV codes and standards related to riser engineering
* High level of technical competency with sound understanding of engineering principles
* Analysis & design experience including ability to undertake detailed "hand calculations" using Excel
and / or Mathcad.
* Experience of structural / hydrodynamic testing of riser components
* Good team player
* Ability to acquire new skills and broaden existing knowledge base
* Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills
* Experience of marine drilling and workover systems
* Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical subject.