Production Engineer / EnglandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We have a current opportunity for a Production Engineer on a permanent basis.
This is an international position working on a rotational basis in North Africa. This position would suit a European national and we welcome applications from EU and UK candidates.
The production engineer role within GTG is an integral interface between Operations, Drilling and Subsurface. Working in partnership with stakeholders to ensure appropriate data collection, fault finding and follow up with regards to production facilities within GTG.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Fault finding during well shutdown and responsible for Production Upset report (PUR).
* Daily production optimization / communicate production changes to Exploitation team & DOP Production
* Follow and update Field procedures data acquisition operation and gathering system.
* Conduct surveillance work such as well parameter trending, multi rate tests and stable rate test etc…
* Implement and administer Dynamic Surveillance Software database or similar system (PDMS, AVOCET, ISIS and virtual metering etc.)
* Ensure good quality of well data collection (QA/QC).
* Ensure Permanent Downhole Pressure Gauge (DHPG) and surface reading panel QAQC, as well as Downhole Memory Gauge (DMG), (DHPG & DMG Metrolog type), preparation, maintenance, and follow-up and data QAQC.
* Responsible to ensure databases are appropriately populated and maintained
* Initiate modification and changes to the well or gathering system component if needed
* Assist in Pressure Transient Analysis in cooperation of Reservoir Engineering team.
* Assist RE Team in after closure analysis.
* Step rate test and pressure build up analysis using Saphir (or be familiar with PTA softwares) and discuss the result with RE's.
* Input to integrity reports for Well Integrity Engineer (WIE) (preparation of annulus curves).
* Provide production team with required daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly production reports using DCS, Wonder ware & Avocet daily inputs.
* Perform daily production allocation and production reconciliation
* Mentor less experience production engineers.
Required Education & Experience
* University Degree or Brevet Technicien Superieur (BTS) in relevant discipline (hydrocarbons production, geophysics, geology, subsurface discipline)
Due to the remote location and the rotational nature of the assignment, a strong technical background and experience level (5 + years with DCS & AVOCET and (minimum 10 years overall field experience).
Experience of working within multidiscipline, multicultural environments.
Fluency in English and French is required, and Arabic is preferred
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
* Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
* Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
* Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
* Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
* Creativity and sense of initiative
* Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
* Strong problem solving capability
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
* Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Production Allocation and depletion management.
* Surveillance program generation and implementation.
* A good understanding of subsurface components and well construction.
* A good understanding of gas well production, gathering, and processing. Able to participate in well testing and/or well cleanup operations.
* Understanding of well modeling using PROSPER/GAP calculation in cooperation with reservoir team.
If you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration