Cost Engineer / Sunbury-on-ThamesClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Cost Engineer with the client one of the world's leading energy companies.
This is a long-term (2-year) contract position based in Surrey, UK. Candidates will need the right to work independently in the UK.
The company strategy is to centralise cost engineering support for all owners costs (People, internal costs and minor 3rd party). This position will be part of the team ensuring the centralisation, standardisation and digitisation of cost engineering for owners costs.
Once we have achieved this the cost engineer will move into the pool of cost engineers supporting major projects.
There will be the opportunity to work from home 2 days per week as agreed.
* General cost engineering support to operating bases covering owners costs.
* Final cost forecast and value of work done submissions for owners costs
* Supports the development of standard procedures and templates to simplify, standardise, centralise and digitise owners cost engineering
* Work closely with stakeholders within operating bases to understand risks and opportunities around various aspects of owners costs
* Work closely with project controls team who performance managing project headcount to support an accurate cost forecast.
* Support the development of artificial intelligence cost forecasting
Degree educated preferably in an engineering, construction, or business related discipline
* Experience working as cost engineer within large organisation or project
* Previous knowledge of owners cost forecasting within bp
* Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
* Ability to recognize and solve problems.
* Mindset supporting cost engineering transition towards digitisation
* Analytical ability combined with good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent skill using Microsoft suite of tools