Project Technical Assistant / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Technical Assistant, based in Aberdeen on a 12 month Maternity cover basis.
* Support the Project Lead in the preparation of: AFEs, PO requests and estimates.
* Delegated financial approval authority appropriate level.
* Review, challenge where appropriate, and approve contractor invoices in line with appropriate DOA level.
* Share in the team accountability for overall Decommissioning Programme and Development Projects financial performance.
* Promote a culture of cost efficiency
* Line manager for the department co-ordinator who provides support to the Developments & Decommissioning Department, Geology & Geophysics/Exploitation Department and Drilling & Well Services Department. Daily reviews of workload to be executed along with guidance and support for the student placement. Weekly timesheets to be approved along with holidays.
* Engagement with the student placement department on quarterly progress.
* Recruitment process for the yearly department coordinator placement student.
* Work with the Project Lead in preparation of the PDP project charter and gate documents
* Work with the Project Lead to maintain and develop project management tools such as: project schedules, risk register, organisation charts, contact lists, RAIL trackers, communication plans, project execution plan, verification and assurance activities, including Synergi input and reporting for audit close out.
* Work together with the Decommissioning manager, Team Leads and HR to pull together and implement the Decommissioning & Developments Competency Strategy.
* Work collaboratively with other functions within company - Update & issue the weekly Well Services Schedule in P6
* Working together with different company functions to expedite document reviews & acceptance
* Supports offshore campaigns with daily tracker and summary reporting.
* Creates monthly and ad-hoc reports as required.
* Co-ordinates the End of Campaign/Project Close out Process up to and including assisting in the production of lessons learned reports, gathering as-built information from various sources, etc.
* Supports Decommissioning Manager/ Project Lead by assisting with management of workscopes and liaising with contractors to resolve project specific tasks and challenges.
* Working together with 3rd party verifiers to expedite document reviews and acceptance.
* Support the Project Lead in engagements and relationships with key contractors to ensure alignment on business and delivery outcomes
* Participate in knowledge sharing/acquiring workshops and conferences
* Be open to collaborative opportunities
* Support the development of people within the Decommissioning and Development Department, especially the department coordinator.
* Support the Decommissioning Manager/Project Lead in completing timely lessons learned "Evaluate" process on completion of significant work programmes and agree how to embed learnings / improvements
* Be open-minded and inquisitive to developments in techniques and technologies applicable to Decommissioning projects
* Engage periodically with peer counterparts to be informed of others' experiences and benchmark performance
* Organise engagement sessions for team members to efficiently learn about service providers' new offerings.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Technical/administration experience
* Strong IT skills with a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Organises/manages own workload and priorities
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Good attention to detail
* Adaptability and willingness to take on new challenges.
* Project set-up and management knowledge
* Educated to Scottish Higher level or equivalent
* Commitment to continuous professional development