Maintenance Instrument & Controls Technical Authority / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Instrument & Controls Technical Authority, based in Aberdeen.
* To provide day-to-day operational and Instrument and Controls engineering support and expertise to the company's North Sea Assets for all non-Drilling, Rotating and Static Instrument Equipment. Responsible for ensuring the Maintenance Management System is fully adopted and functional and ensure offshore compliance with requirements.
* To take the lead in improving equipment Operability, Availability, Reliability, Operational Efficiency and provide technical infrastructure and polices to support onshore and offshore operations, and thus ensure all legislative, safety and environmental requirements are addressed in a competent manner.
* Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to comply with the company and legislative requirements.
* Ensure Safety Systems are designed and functional to comply with Safety Case WSE, SMS, Performance Standards and all legislative requirements.
* Ensuring Performance Standards are kept up to date for assigned SECE's and that Assure Routines are appropriate and align with Performance Standards.
* Assuring change or modifications safeguard the integrity of the asset and risks continue to be controlled.
* Assuring initial suitability of any changes or modification undertaken.
* Conduct SRD (Safety Related Devices) v Assurance Routine reviews to ensure all Safety & Environmental Critical equipment captured in Computerised Maintenance Management System. Where required, update Performance Standards and CMMS.
* Conduct Safety meetings with Contractors, ensuring all interested parties participate, particularly contract users such as Operations, offshore, Drilling etc.
* Ensure HSE and Industry Safety Alerts are circulated and that the company remains compliant.
* Carry out/participate in RCFA, FMECA, BCSR.
* Carry out/participate in FSA, SIL/LOPA assessments.
* Knowledge of Cyber Security processes and procedures relating to OT systems.
* Management of KPI's; backlogs to ensure they remain controlled and manageable, identify why KPI's are deviating from accepted norms providing reasons for deviation.
* Work with relevant authorities to ensure effective planning to deal with Asbestos issues is conducted for all projects / interventions.
* Ensure Operational Integrity is being maintained across all assigned assets, and risks resulting from activities/impaired equipment and systems are being managed in line with Maintenance Strategy.
* Use MMS to carry out downtime reviews, identify bad actors' common mode failure, trend analysis, MTBF, MTTR, optimise PMR's and generate recommendations accordingly.
* Conduct obsolescence reviews, KP4/ALE studies and generate options for future management.
* Where equipment availability/operability/reliability may be compromised, identify resolution and arrange forum for sharing with Operations/Maintenance Superintendents with a view to identifying options for action development.
* Set spares holding philosophy in accordance with equipment lead time, condition, function, cost and LoF demands for all assigned areas.
* Increase equipment/system availability year on year in line with KPI's.
* Reduce non-safety/non- business critical maintenance year on year.
* Optimise non-Assure and Assure PMR's content and frequency.
* Continually promote and improve use of gathered condition based operating data, lodging of reports and generally support CMMS. Review and as required, identify need to update non-assure and Assure PM routines.
* Undertake operational investigations and provide recommendations based on findings.
* Follow processes for Critical Equipment Failures, Critical Equipment and Spares assessments etc.
* Provide medium/long term input to Annual and LoF plans and budgets by way of obsolescence studies, optimisation opportunities and planning in support of the company's policies, plans and activities.
* Prepare AFE/PDP/BoD for assigned projects seeking and demonstrating cost and delivery savings regularly. Manage AFEs within limits, recovering from any projected overspend opposed to seeking supplements and never allowing unapproved excess.
* Conduct studies/investigations to identify operational, safety or business shortfalls, and where costs may be reduced, time saved, or safety improved.
* Review and approve all proposed changes to non-Assure / Assure PMR's and Performance Standards.
* Identify delegate by agreement and provide written handover to delegate for any absence from the office.
* To undertake role of Asset Instrument and Controls Engineer (Technical Authority) for assigned assets/areas of responsibility and deputise for Team Lead as required.
* Provide Instrument technical support guidance and decision making to other departments on all corporate matters, equipment design, selection and operation.
* Participate in development and upkeep of Instrument Maintenance Policies and Procedures to support offshore/ onshore activities and ensuring technical integrity is maintained.
* Assesses and determines the technical competence of individuals in/applying for selected onshore and offshore roles.
* Take responsibility for any modification/upgrade which evolves from "like-for-like" replacement into new design, material, function and engage Facilities/Process in developing appropriate solution in line with the company's drivers.
* Visit asset regularly as technical expert to assist with major interventions/ projects for specific projects.
* Participate in CMMS, SHE, TA, Technical and Vendor Audits. Report on findings via Synergi and conduct checks to ensure all Operational Departments are upholding their obligations.
* Ensure PMR's generated for all new/upgraded equipment.
* Provide liaison between Operations Engineers and Facilities Department for all Projects/major works to be planned and prepared efficiently and in correct priority.
* Prepare and maintain a 12m rolling plan of activities with key milestones and detail for readiness reviews, execution, progress reporting and evaluation.
* Use the PDP process as designed to support funding requests and manage projects in a visible way through the control gates.
* Identify strategically important activities and develop ideas on uptime models, cost reduction, maintenance improvements and engage others - promote ongoing improvement.
* Preparation of cost estimates, schedule, scope, statement of needs, AFE, PDP, PVES, workscope BoD and any project documentation prior to handover to Facilities (if required) for any modification or upgrade to systems/equipment.
* Management of Contracts for Specialist or Support services in association with relevant Commercial Advisors. Contracts to have KPI assigned to drive efficiencies and improvements.
* Review QMS for key Contracts/Vendors, and where required engage to ensure Quality is appropriate and upheld. Raise NCRs were deviations apparent.
* Conduct regular site visit reports on key vendors.
* Ensure Documentation/CMMS close out for all assigned activities.
* Ensure engagement and thorough liaison with offshore, Operations, Integrity (Subsea & Pressure Systems), Production, Facilities, Planners, other departments.
* Ensure Interface Documents are in place for all Contracts.
* Interface and present to HSE, BEIS, Certifying and Verification Authorities as directed by Maintenance Superintendent.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Candidates will hold an Engineering degree or similar from recognised university
* Attained Chartered Engineer status
* Relevant experience in process engineering
* FS Eng (TUV)