Contract: Quality Assurance Lead / Doha
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for providing Quality Assurance during the Detailed Engineering and Design phase of the project and provide oversight for the Quality Assurance team during the Quality Assurance phase in the field. This individual will work closely with the Project team, the EPC contractor, the Area Construction Manager, and the Quality Assurance Manager. During all phases of the project (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Startup), the Quality Assurance Lead:
- Supports the development of Quality Assurance organization.
- Supports managing the Quality Assurance organization within approved budget and schedule.
- Supports the development of a specific RLPP client lead Quality Auditing process for oversighting the EPC contractors Quality program for compliance.
- Supports the preparation of a Weekly and Monthly RLPP internal Dashboard highlighting progress of EPC contractor Audits findings, inspection progress, NCR’s status, and defining areas of improvements with specific recommendations.
- Provides communication within sufficient time for accountable parties to prepare effective response to improve the quality outcome.
- Supports the establishment of the RLPP safety culture at the construction site.
- Ensures EPC Contractor QA/QC program is fully functional and in accordance with contract and all Code requirements including the following:
- Engineering and Procurement deliverables.
- Equipment requisition packages include appropriate Project specifications and inspection requirements
- Vendor manufacturing plans and procedures.
- Construction plans and procedures.
- Datasheets and Drawings.
- Inspection Test Plans conform to RLPP Exhibit W.
- Coach and mentor, the EPC Contractor’s quality teams.
- Assists in the development of Project specifications by Contractor and in resolution of specifications conflicts.
- Reviews Contractor plans and procedures for performing vendor quality assurance activities, including development of equipment and discipline specific Inspection and Test Plans, and ensuring inclusion of critical RLPP specification requirements and hold points.
- Participates in design evaluations and make recommendations for quality assurance.
- Participates in Value Improving Practices (VIP).
- Ensures a safe startup by following tenets, all company and plant procedures, and using available technical resources.
- Provides quality assurance insights with regards to Quality execution plan, constructability review, right-sizing quality assurance manpower levels and quality assurance systems.
- Assist in development and maintenance of Project Execution Plans and Procedures for overall RLPP Project.
- Provides quality assurance insights and supports RLPP subject matter experts with regards to engineering, installation, and construction deliverables.
- Ensures quality assurance issues and conflicts are resolved in the best interest of RLPP and driving the lowest cost options and maintaining appropriate product quality.
- Supports reviews and evaluations of EPC contractor NCR and Corrective Actions procedures and audit records
- Participates in Pre?Qualification process and bid evaluations of potential vendors, contractors, and sub- contractors when appropriate.
- Active participant in expediting efforts when intervention and escalation needs are identified.
- For critical items, monitor the vendor inspection process being executed by the EPC Contractors, including attending RLPP inspection points.
- Reviewing inspection reports and ensuring vendor adherence to approved inspection and test plans and Project specifications.
- Assist in the resolution of deviation requests, non-conformances, and other quality-related issues.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering with 7+ years of relevant experience in quality assurance or Associates Engineering Degree with 12+ years of relevant experience in quality assurance.
- Mega capital project experience with direct QA supervisory experience.
- Strong and versatile leadership and teambuilding skills with capability to recognize opportunities, prioritize, and self-start
- Working knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards
- Commitment and flexibility to work in international detailed engineering office and Qatar construction site through startup and stable operations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with internal and external organizations such as the Project Management Team, EPC contractor, Main Automation Contractor, and counterparts in other scopes.
- Experience in root cause failure analysis.
- Organizational skills and ability to assess existing program data to suggest improvements based on experience.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and presentation.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of relevant experience in quality assurance or Associates Engineering Degree with 15+ years of relevant experience in quality assurance.
- Mega capital project experience with 5+ years of direct QA supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards including holding multiple industry individual certifications (examples: API, NACE, ISO, etc.).
- Petrochemicals industry experience in Ethylene or Polyethylene EPC projects or operations.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2023