Lead of Instrument & Control Engineering / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We have a new opportunity for a Lead Instrument & Control Engineer on a contract basis for a major Oil and Gas client in Doha, Qatar. The role is on a residential basis (working 6 days per week) on a 3 year contract.
The Lead I & C Engineer leads Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineering activities for Onshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g., project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project requirements and standards to ensure technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule. The post holder also provides clear guidance to the EPC Contractors and facilitate issues resolution to ensure compliance with project objectives and milestones, in addition to monitoring and maintaining I&C Engineering schedule and progress.
The post holder must have a strong knowledge of interface connections with third party systems or between independent distributed control system. There is brownfield and greenfield tie-in scope which requires interface and alignment with Operations or other parallel projects for connections to other control systems
Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor Degree in Instrument Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
* Minimum of 10 years' experience working in Instrument and Controls, having broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations
* Experience in Oil & Gas Facilities, especially LNG plants
* Strong understanding of Instrumentation, Controls and Safety systems
* Process control and safety system applications engineering knowledge
* Strong knowledge of Cyber security for Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
* Knowledge of vendor package control system and experience with interface to process control systems
* Experience with Smart JB technology is desired
* Pre-comm/Comm experience is required
Technical and Business Skills
* Excellent written and oral English skills
* Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills
* Strong technical, prioritization and management skills
* Strong communication, influencing and interface skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Basic knowledge of Hexagon Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI)
If you have the above experience please apply by sending full CV