Structural Engineer – Working From Home / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Location: Work from home – Anywhere in the North of England / Scotland
Up to £60,000 + Benefits
We are searching for a Structural Engineer/Technical Advisory Engineer to cover Scotland & the North of England on a working from home basis
Our client are a UKCA/CE EXC-4 specialist structural steel work contractor and designer who drives economy and sustainable design solutions into steel framed structures by providing an unrivalled range of cellular, shallow and plated beam solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
The role involves engaging with engineers and steelwork contractors across Scotland and the north of England.
The ideal candidate is an experienced structural engineer with skills in design, business development, and a good understanding of technical, commercial, and sustainability aspects of building projects.
- Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering AND/OR detailed knowledge and experience of the analysis and design of structural steelwork to EC, BS and other design codes either with a consulting engineer and/or steelwork contractor
- Desire to utilise design and business development skills outside of mainstream consulting engineering / steelwork fabrication environment
- Have experience of using industry standard structural steelwork software packages, such as Tekla Structural Designer, SCIA Engineer, MasterSeries, Tekla Structures, REVIT etc
- Have knowledge of the importance of sustainability in the construction industry
- Previous direct experience with the design or procurement of projects involving cellular and plated beams would be an advantage
- Knowledge of applications of structural steelwork outside of mainstream UK building structures such as Modular, Temporary Works, Seismic, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Naval, Water, Transport industries etc would be an advantage
- To provide technical and sustainability advice and to carry out structural design calculations for new and existing projects
- To provide technical and sustainability advice and to carry out value engineering calculations for projects where rival products/systems are already specified or under consideration
- To take ownership of, and to manage projects to completion to ensure the clients products are specified by the engineer, and/or progressed by the steelwork contractor
- To arrange and hold technical CPD seminars for engineers, architects and main contractors etc.
- To develop and engage with a network of key contacts in the industry and the region to seek out opportunities in traditional and new sectors
In return you will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package, including IT provisions, lease cars, contributory pension, long-service awards, discount cards, gym and health club discounts, holiday trading, cycle to work scheme, Medicash Programme, and a Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme.