Instrument & Controls Engineer / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Instrument & Controls Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Applicants must have the full legal rights to work in the UK.
- Manages responsibilities to ensure cost effective solutions and savings are secured where appropriate
- Provides Instrument, DCS, Control, F&G and Safety systems engineering support as required
- Frontline Telecomms & Cybersecurity knowledge would be advantageous
- Provides support in the control and management of software security and software change control
- Provides technical support to offshore Operations, which may entail extended offshore visits as and when required
- Ensures all modifications to the Instrument & Control systems fully comply and meet with the requirements of the appropriate UKCS Legislation, Asset Verification Scheme, Company Specifications, Standards and Procedures including BAB management of change procedure
- Provides operational and specialist instrument engineering, control and safety systems support to modification or study teams or projects in line with the BAB technical management of change procedure
- Owner of all Instrument, DCS, Control, F&G and Safety system work the 28 & 90 day asset plans ensuring compliance with the planning gate process
- Assists in setting budgets which are realistic, manage expenditure for all work scopes within the limits of those budgets
- Generates work scopes, detailed cost estimates, and, where necessary, compile maintenance and minor modification work packs for offshore implementation
- Maintains Instrument and Control Specifications, Standards and Procedures and be the local owner of appropriate Instrument, Control and software management procedures
- Carries out Technical Integrity Audits in line with the instrument and control management systems and maintenance as part of the Technical Audit Programme
- Ensures that all requirements, deadlines, and support services for FPSO Operations, Construction, Maintenance and Materials are met and carried out by offshore personnel
- Ensures a significant focus on safety with regards to the FPSO facility daily operations
- Leads and participates in a proactive safety performance and KPl's and provides appropriate input to the Kraken Process Safety management system
- Participates in equipment failure and incident investigations as required
- Manages sub-contractors and suppliers ensuring supporting vendors and suppliers comply with company standards ie Safety Management, Quality Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ensures compliance with the BAB/FPSO Operations Safety, Health, Security and Environmental Management Systems for all assets/facilities are met within areas of own responsibility
- Performs any other reasonable tasks as required to support operations commensurate with training, experience and ability
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent), as well as relevant engineering experience either onshore or offshore in an associated organisation. Previous experience with ABB ICCS systems would be an advantage; specifically, 800xA platform.
- Chartered Engineer or qualifications leading to this are desirable.
- Significant experience in Oil and Gas Operations with experience in a similar role related to FPSO operations.
- Ability to work as a member or leader of a team and communicate effectively with onshore and offshore staff at all levels.
- Demonstrate skills in Instrument and Control engineering problem solving particularly with modern microprocessor based control, shutdown, metering and Fire and Gas systems.
- An awareness of budgetary control and the ability to deliver tasks to program and cost targets.
- TUV (or equivalent) Functional Safety Engineer qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of HSE Cyber Security Operational Guidance OG-86 is desirable.
- Must possess knowledge of business and operational planning processes
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2024