Machine Shop Inspector / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||El Dorado Hills, California, USA|
The Machine Shop Inspector is responsible for performing and verifying in- process inspection audits on machined and welded production and engineering materials. Ensures documentation (I.E. material certificates, heat treat certificates, vendor inspection report, etc.) is accurate, conducts audits on the shop floor, and completes inspection reports, history logs and associated paperwork as required. Provides feedback to manufacturing personnel, product engineering and purchasing regarding regarding quality inspection of manufactured parts.
* Performs in-process audit inspections, first article, final inspection and receiving inspections on production parts and engineering materials.
* Completes inspection reports, history logs and associated paperwork.
* Ensures inspection documentation is complete and accurate. Identifies opportunities to simplify documentation requirements.
* Conducts audits on the shop floor.
* Provides feedback to manufacturing personnel, product engineering and purchasing regarding quality inspection of manufactured parts.
* Performs basic CMM programming and inspection for CMM.
* Operates inspection programs for automated CMM equipment.
* Performs data analysis to help drive continuous improvement activities related to quality, delivery and cost.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in Mechanical Quality Inspection or another trade (Machining or Welding) with similar responsibilities.
* Demonstrated knowledge and analytical skills for most inspection tools including non-contact instruments, CMM, Optical Comparator, Romer Arm and smart scopes.
* Intermediate experience with Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
* Understands and applies dimensioning methods described in ANSI Y 14.5.
* Strong interpersonal skills and judgment with regard to working with manufacturing personnel, managers and professionals at various levels of the organization.
* Strong communication skills, ability to clearly communicate results of quality control activities.
* Organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to support multiple tasks and maintain company records.
* Flexibility to adapt to changing inspection priorities based on customer demand.
* Intermediate data analysis skills
* Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Internet
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
* Problem solves and makes decisions while following company policies.
* Multi-tasks in a fast paced environment effectively while meeting deadlines.
* Contributes to a positive work environment adhering to the company's Code of Business Conduct and Foundational Beliefs.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
* Work is performed on a manufacturing floor around heavy machinery.
* The Fabrication Department site operates on a work 4x10 schedule with periodic overtime required.
* The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions; to sit, talk, and/or hear.
* Ability to wear proper PPE for machine shop environment such as steel toed boots, safety glasses and ear protection.
* Standing on concrete floors for long periods and frequent sitting is required.
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. repeatedly.