Project Manager / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Salary:||USD280 - USD296 per day|
The client is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Manager to take charge of a premiere account's product development project in Miami, FL. This highly visible role will handle the following aspects:
- * Have ultimate responsibility for the project to the L1 team.
- * Have full authority to direct core team member's project work.
- * Managing the day-to-day execution of the program
- * Uncovering where the program is going off-target
- * Facilitating analyses and re- plans to get the program back on-target
The responsibilities of the Project Manager will be:
- * Accountability for the entire project from definition through design, manufacturing and commercialization and maintain the project schedule from inception to completion of the program
- * Participation in creating and communicating the vision for the project; setting the goals and objectives; assembling the team with the required skills, selling the team on what the project is, why it is important, and why their tasks need to be accomplished.
- * To understand customer needs and to partner with the Business Unit appropriately towards meeting all customer's needs.
- * To work with project team and stakeholders to remove roadblocks.
- * To challenge processes and find a better way to do things with focuses on results.
- * To understand competition and market segment.
- * Represent L1 proposals and strategic decisions appropriately to the core team, as well as challenge inputs from L1 or Business Unit where appropriate.
- * To make trade off decisions.
- * To provide team leadership and coaching.
- * To communicate to project team, management, and other stakeholders.
- * To communicate all types of information to the project team, management, and all project stakeholders, and to communicate difficult information effectively to leadership.
- * Be strong in key DBS fundamentals and innovation growth tools, to use all VPM artifacts effectively to manage the team, and to create and use metrics to indicate project status, demonstrate clearly countermeasures and identify quickly when a PSP is needed.
- * To maintain full control of project timelines, resources, and the project direct and capital budgets.
- * To understand the fundamentals of business finance (revenue, cost, margin, overhead, etc...).
- * To facilitate creating any required project plans, to have an extensive understanding of the Master Schedule and each team member's swim-lanes to the extent that impacts are understood immediately and counter-measured as needed and has an extensive understanding of the product development process and IDP.
- * To manage cross-functional and cross-site teams, have a broad understanding of all functions involved, address issues and needs of all functional team members and not be overly focused on a single swim- lane, and is able to leverage the team to close gaps.
- * To forecast buffer burn based on leading indicators, determine project health by reviewing KPIs, drive team to anticipate and prevent risks, and can implement effective countermeasures.
- * To apply PSP to drive project results and improvements.
- * Provide program management mentoring to extended team members as needed.
The characteristics that will lead to being selected and being successful in a Team Lead / Project Manager role are:
- * Strong leader with strong sense of responsibility
- * Tenacity, self-starter
- * Aspires to having a visceral feel for what customers need.
- * Technical background with engineering and/or scientific skills
- * Intuitive, yet grounded in facts.
- * Innovative, yet skeptical of unproven technology
- * Visionary, yet practical
- * A hard-driving teacher, motivator, and disciplinarian, yet a patient listener.
- * A no-compromise attitude to achieving breakthrough targets.
- * An exceptional communicator
- * Always ready to get his or her hands dirty.
- * Outstanding, interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, and conflict resolution & facilitation skills.
- * Trustworthy, is quick to act, is able to provide positive and corrective feedback where necessary, addresses accountability and is receptive to feedback.