Finishing & Deburr Technician / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||El Dorado Hills, California, USA|
|Salary:||Company car,medical insurance,pension,20 days holiday|
The Finishing Tech takes a machined part in raw or unfinished state and uses variety of tools, equipment, and processes to "finish" the part. This position must have a fundamental understanding of overall machining practices. The materials that are used consists of castings, forgings, tubing, bar stock, extrusions, steel, stainless steel titanium, brass, aluminum, and copper.
* Operation of standard Finishing equipment
o Drill Press
o Tumbling machines with abrasives
o Miscellaneous hand tools such as a grinder, sander, Dremel tools, blades, knives, and wrenches
o Bead Blaster
* Strong attention to detail and focus on cosmetics of the part
* Review blueprints for part features
* Utilization of standard shop inspection equipment and inspects the work piece to ensure print dimensions are maintained
* Completes documentation while following specific processes
* Interaction with machinists, quality control, and other machine shop personnel
* Assess and apply appropriate finishing solutions per instructions to both new and current manufacturing processes
* Interface with product development, quality control, and other machine shop personnel
* Advanced ability to perform the following job functions
o Finishing edge breaks, tapping, and chamfering
o Surface finishing including grinding, sanding, sandblasting, and polishing to specification
* Experience with polishing Delrin parts
* Experience with deburr intersecting holes
* Ability to problem solve and make decisions while following company policies
* Familiarity with an ERP/MRP system (preferably Visibility)
* Familiarity with SharePoint preferred
* Ability to conduct preventive maintenance on Finishing tooling and equipment
* Minimum of 3 years of machine shop experience
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively while meeting deadlines
* Ability to work overtime as required
* Ability to read blue prints
* Ability to contribute to a positive work environment adhering to the companies Principles of Integrity
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions; to sit, stand, talk, and/or hear.
* Must be able to lift up to 40lbs as required.
* Frequent standing and sitting is also required.
* Required to work on concrete floors, wearing steel toe shoes and safety goggles.