Contract: Hardware Development Technician I / IndianaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||Up to USD144 per day|
Hardware Development Technician I
16+ month contract (opportunity for permanent employment based on performance)
Hourly Rate: $18/hr
The client is searching for a mechanical or electrical engineering technician to perform a wide variety of assembling, testing, and packaging tasks.
The medical device manufacturing client creates custom automation solutions for life science research.
The candidate will be responsible for completing several of the production-related tasks that enable our team to deliver these solutions to our customers in a timely manner.
This position is contracted to run through the end of 2022. However, if the candidate performs well and shows a desire to grow their skillsets within the team, the opportunity may exist for a non- contract position to become available before the end of the contract.
- Assembling and testing complex devices consisting of numerous mechanical and electrical components
- Labeling, testing, and packaging components for our Tube Scan ALP product
- Assembling complex kits using custom packaging
- Working with engineers to help manage the inventory for several high-demand products
- Working with suppliers to quote and procure a variety of components
- Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience assembling electromechanical devices
Key Attributes for Success:
- Focused urgency
- Ability to self-prioritize multiple tasks
- Organizational skills
- Experience with precision measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Experience with CAD software (preferably SolidWorks) would be a plus (not required)
- Ability to operate a forklift would be a plus (not required)